Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Last Night Felt like Monday

The BBQ came out of nowhere. Rain everywhere and a chill wind bit my ass all over the place. I can handle the rain, but bring the bitter wind and I am not as much of a tough guy as I thought. So yeah, my friend had some chicken thighs and lamb leg cuts. A quick marinate of fresh garlic, ginger, cinamon, cayenne and a splash of IPA brew. Rice and black beans were thought to be the side, and when I say side, I mean middle. After we grilled the meat, which was great because we were right by the basement door so all that delicious meaty aroma could fill the halls and to keep dry, brrr.

Once in the kitchen, we had some delays. The onions and mushrooms hadn't been sauted and the vibe was very conflicting. Too many chicken heads in the kitchen. Just get out of my way I would think and then when I would try to move with flow--I would find more obstacles. I had to get out of there to find myself again. Knock Knock...dinners ready I gotta steal you for a few. I felt that I had been stolen from myself.

As I served up all the fixins, which turned out to be mixins, a seat at the table was presented to me. I felt all the tension of the day and my doormates hadn't calmed down yet either. This school can hold a lot of tension, stress and exhaustion. All this leads to is more separation and unhealthy environments. I sat staring at my food and then the TV, I could not eat, my stomach was in a knot.

While in my trance, I did not desire food, all I wanted was peace. This reminded me of growing up and playing with my broccoli and mash potatoes until the scene looked oh so natural. Last night I realized that I wasn't hungry because of the stress at the table. After a few minutes my family would have had a chance to cut throught the pleasant bull-shit and busy their minds on their forks. Ahh yeas, time to eat-- with my fingers, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment