Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Baked Beans

Damn I love me some baked beans. When I was a kid, my Dad would make bake bean on toast sandwiches, that wasn't so great, but then again, I think it was the soggy bread's fault. Speaking of that, it isn't just a texture thing, but a mooshy lack of flavor too. Bread pudding is to die for, on the right occasion. It may look iffy so make sure its all that your heart desires by adding coconut milk and plenty of cinnamon.

I try not to tangent and that is all I do. If there were no such thing as procrastination, I wouldn't get shit done. I really started this to talk about baked beans-it seems they speak for themselves. Old Popeye the Sailor Man, was more full of beans than spinach. I bought a can of spinach at the store the other day...Ayy ayy ayy. What I really needed was the first vegetarian baked beans of the BBQ season and man did I get a serious BM today.

Memorial Day is a holiday for the veterans. I say its for the beans. Imagine all those WWII vets back in the tranches spooning cans of beans for their survival. You might get sick of them for an in between season. Just wait until the sunny hunger comes and chips and dips don't do the trcks. Fill up on some baked bean, hot or cold, either way they have such a summer time appeal, that my holiday took a shift for the better once I got a mouthful of our brown little sugary friends.

Eat Beans and Clean Out the Means-soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment