Sunday, June 14, 2009

Food Without Rules

Do you know how frustrating it is to live in such an instructional world. We live by unwritten rules that show up in the recipes of our lives. It must be done this way, they say. I ask them who decides my way? They respond with the same comment as before.

I want to develope a creative allowance in the world of food. We make what we intuit from the ingredients in the fridge and the pantry. I say break the rules in your own way. They weren't there to get you closer to your best, but to re-create someone else's best.

The French put an over-medium cooked egg on a pizza. I thought that this was impossible, until I had one slice of yolky fulfillment. Then I thought, how stupid can I be? The egg and cheese bagel sandwich has been a favorite for years. Our beliefs on the way that things should be--should be let go, for what is right here and waiting to be experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment